In a fit of flurry, last Sunday, I worked on a baby snuggly so that I could have it in time for a shower this weekend. It took less than a day to make. I loosely followed this pattern. I used some yarn on hand, stash busting!!! One skein of Tahki Bunny Print and a skein of Bee Soft Delight. And then when I ran out of Bunny, part of the Jiffy Quick yarn, used for Panache, that had a knot at the beginning, so I just cut it out. Here are the yarn photos, see if you can pick them out in the snuggly.
I used the Bee Soft and Bunny from the bottom to about 2/3 up. Then used the Bee Soft and Jiffy. Then the last bit that looks lighter was just Bee Soft. It has a ribbed pattern, but you can’t really tell.
As you can see in the first yarn photo, I still have Bee Soft left. This yarn was given to me by a friend. And free yarn can’t just sit there and not get used!! So, I bought two more skeins of yarn to use it up. That’s the logic my brain uses. What can I say, I’m smart that way!
I will be making some modifications to the next one. Instead of a pointy bottom I will increase to double the st count every 2-3 rows at the beginning. This will give the shape a more flat bottom. The 1st version I did had less point than the original pattern.
Progress was made on Shadow Shawl and Annis.