September has been a great revival of knitting. Or maybe it’s a revival of knitting the same thing over and over.
2nd time on the blanket and 8th, 9th, and 10th on the hat.
I am just noticing the reindeer look like ducks with antlers?
So, the deets are:
767 yards and 4 skeins knit this month, but…….
1589 yards and 9 skeins bought!!!
So that means I have added 822 yards and 5 skeins to my total yardage. Ugh!
The only good thing is part of the knitting this month was using the new yarns I bought.
So, the total for the year is:
10251 yards and 51 skeins are gone
8127 yards and 39 skeins added
So I am only 2,124 yards and 12 skeins to the less for the year.
Cost wise I have spent $420.46 on yarn and patterns which is $154.32 less at this point compared to last year. Hopefully I can last to the end of the year without buying a lot more. But I think there were about 4 skeins being added to the total because of a sale last Thursday. A friend was going to pick up some yarn for me since I couldn’t make it to the shop. We’ll see on Wednesday if she was successful. So I am not counting it for September since I didn’t “get” it until October!
In other news, here is a collage of the bows I have finished recently:
Only 4 of them are left. The yellow, green, and dark pink ones are sold. My favs are the green in the upper left and the pink in the center right. Planning on making some more this week. More Turkeys, Ghosts, and Pumpkins, and some red stacked bows. They really are fun to make!
Now, goals, what did I accomplish?
- As little as possible? Finish the current baby item, blanket, and cast on another, Gramps sweater. Blanket done, sweater on the needles as I type.
- Add stock to my Bazaar inventory. 2 bigger shows coming up and 1 in October. Plus the Rivercity Faithfest is the last Saturday in September. I want to have items for it. For the most part I reached this goal, but still need to make more bags for the last fest.
- 20 key fobs for a friend’s organization. She is a Social Worker and after the death of both parents, in a tragic motorcycle accident, she has started a center for those in need. Done, but just barely.
- Set up one of the bedrooms as my craft room. It’s been too long since I had a room dedicated to my crafting. It’s time to get it out of the dining room. LOL The best goal of all. Love my crafting room.
- Make 100 key fobs and 100 hair Pony O’s with the help of the cheerleaders for their fundraiser. Yikes! Reached 96 Pony O’s before running out of ribbon. 32 of the 100 key fobs are made, but they don’t all need to be done at once. So pretty good on meeting this goal.
I actually did very well! Now to set some realistic goals for October. With life getting more even keel I should be able to accomplish great things.
- Finish baby sweater for friend’s grandson.
- Make 2 Llama hats and 2 Reindeer hats.
- Finish Sewanee Shawl for myself.
- Start on a shawl for my mom. Notice I don’t say finish!
- Knock out a cowl for a friend’s birthday present.
OK, I have droned on long enough. If you lasted to the end, you are a rock star! I would have given up long before now.