This month Snapdragon has provided us a prompt for the challenge:
February: Let’s Get Organized! Whatever this means for you: putting printed patterns in folders/binders, updating your Ravelry library, organizing your electronic copies of patterns that are stored off-Ravelry. I know I’d use my library more if I had a better record of everything in it.
I have mine fairly well organized. This past summer when I redid a spare bedroom into my sewing room I did a fairly comprehensive purge of patterns and books. But once I moved them into the room I was fairly willy nilly about their residences. Some are in binders on the bookshelf. Some are books in baskets. The magazines are grouped together. So what’s there to organize?
A better system of storing like items together. It makes no sense to have baby pattern books scattered among accessory books. And having pattern leaflets among the magazines is not a good grouping. So I will endeavor to house things in categories and place them in a certain basket, shelf, or binder. The binders are fairly set, but the accessories and shawls are in need of a fixing.
So while I do that I will recap my January goals and then document my February goals.
French Cancan from a pattern purchased in 2014. Had the thing almost done when I realized the needle was the wrong size. Ripped out and restarted, but not enough time to finish.
Ava Beret from a Petite Purls pattern bookmarked ages ago. Just love the pattern. Cast on in the waning days of January for a February baby and her big sis. 1 done, 1 to go.
American Girl Doll Outfit was a hold over from 2014 when I took on the task of finishing some clothes my aunt was unable to make before she passed away.
Finish French Cancan
Cast on Miss Dashwood for me with pattern purchased in late 2014.
Finish second Ava Beret
Find a baby item in my library for a late February shower gift
That should about do it for the concrete plans. Of course I will always keep things fluid for last minute ideas or sparks of interest.