Joining a new to me link party for Fridays.
- Sweater knitting is hard sometimes. You just lose the will to go on when things seem to take forever. Missing a sleeve and finishing.
- And then sometimes you just cast on that last piece and knit away. Sleeve is over half done!!!
- Realizing the finishing still has to be done, seaming, button bands, deep collar.
- The 1st sleeve that used a skein that is not a perfect color match, even though it is the SAME DYE LOT!, is still not good even after tea-staining. Time to get some black dye and make a diluted batch to try and get that brightness level down.
- Realizing that even though you are so close to finishing, you have no idea what to start next. Stymied by too many options!!
These are my thoughts today. Eager to get this sweater done so I can wear it a few times before the warm weather arrives, but not sure just where I will go from here. Options are:
- Shawl I want to make for my sister, but I don’t have pattern or yarn picked out. Nothing in stash so I have to shop, oh darn.
- Striped sweater in fingering weight. Oy! But it would be perfect for spring, weight and colorwise.
- Shawl for myself. Tons of yarn on hand, tons of patterns queued, now to match them for the perfect project.
- More charity hats. Which will be cast on on Charity Hat Sunday, but too often I use them to avoid starting big projects.
- Baby sweater I am making for friend’s granddaughter. Have yarn, have pattern, just need to determine best size to make.
So, what’s you on your list?