Well, I am sucking at the recap thing this month. Completely forgot to do a mid-month review, and now confessing my lack of progress for the month is added in.
Here’s the details…
Yarn Knit: 616 yards and 2 skeins. Yes, a measly amount compared to last month.
Yarn Bought: 750 yards and 3 skeins. Ugh!
For the month I am up 134 yards and 2 skeins. By up I mean more was put into stash than taken out. Bad Chris.
Several issues created this scenario, cause I am not blaming myself! Trip to Florida where I spent more time on beach than in the condo knitting. 28+ plus spent in the car, some of it sleeping, some of it dozing, almost none of it knitting! Tooth extraction the day after our return made for an uncomfortable me, so even more no knitting!! And two fingeringweight projects that are just not compelling me to pick up the needles and do any knitting!!!
At least my year to date totals are still good….
Yarn Knit: 5830 yards 31 skeins.
Yarn Bought: 2951 yards and 13 skeins.
Looks like I am 2879 yards and 18 skeins down in stash!!! Very proud of myself for having less yarn in the house this year. Looking at the last 3 years it has always been more in than out!
Finished objects wise, I am sucking big time! 3 items, 3 ITEMS! And they are all hats. I couldn’t even finish the shawl I was hoping to get done. I am losing it. But wait, remember, no deadlines, no stress. Big breath, exhale, OK.
It’s just sad. Pathetic! Here’s hoping May is a better month. Here’s the busted April Goals:
- Shawl for my sister, her request is crescent shape in a cream/off white color. Liliaceae is the one, probably Heritage or Mad Tosh is the yarn./Not at all, Mad Tosh yarn and Round Dance pattern cast on, not done.
- Cast on cardigan for me in fingering weight yarn. Possibles are Hermine or Top Down./Cast on, but using no pattern, at a loss and losing interest in knitting this because I am at a loss.
- Cast on mittens or mittens with Mad Tosh yarn./Cast on and did not like the fabric, hence the yarn purchase in the photo.
- Charity Hats or bust-the-stash hats for friends. I enjoyed the Cafe Au Lait so much I just want to knit more tams!/No tams done, at all. Well, except for the Baby Basque.
Goals for May, dare I even try?
- Finish Shawl
- Finish Cardigan
- Start mittens again
- Knit whatever hat I can, no rules, just right.