August OMG: make the top for Scarlet Stars √
I changed fabric plans at the last moment and went with a semi solid, a check homespun, and Kona Snow.
I also changed the borders to insert a narrow red border, 3/8″ finished, and then added the check at 2-3/4″. Finished it off with a 3/8″ binding all around. For the quilting I connected the inner star points with straight line quilting with my walking foot. Then I stitched a square within a square on the star centers. All this made for lots of ends to weave in! My saving grace was the snag tool I bought recently, it pulled those threads into the sandwich easy peasy!
In no time at all I was on to the border. For this I just used the check pattern, shown above, as a guide and created a square grid on point down each side. Then it was just a matter of sewing on the binding, tacking it down and throwing it in the washer/dryer!
- BioGirl’s jewelry case √
- Finish NCW for my sister √
- Quilt and finish Rue d’Osage √
- I want a NCW mini Nope
- Finish roll-up case √
- Hats, I needed 35 to make up the weekly count – made 3 to bring the count up to 32 1/2-√ LOL
- Finish Baby Sweater #1 – Just a sleeve and buttons left 3/4-√
- Start Baby Sweater #2 Nope
- Start Toddler Sweater #1 Nope
Not planned, but accomplished (Extra Credit-LOL)
- Mug Rug Pink Star √
- Zippered Pouch √
- Afghan Square √
- Diva Like NCW √
So my grade for this month is a B, that Extra Credit saved me!