I know it’s the Year of the Pig, but not around here. At the beginning of the year I took on a lot of Challenges.
- There’s the UFO Challenge, where I listed 12 quilty items I want to finish in 2019.
- I have a Knitting Challenge, which is UFOs or new items from my long queue.
- I have patterns chosen for the 12 Hats Challenge.
- Also for the 12 Cowls Challenge.
- The Sewing Challenge is choosing items from my queue to start.
- The Small Quilts FB group I belong to has a BOM and monthly Mini Challenges.
- And my Guild has a BOM that I am Challenging myself to keep up with.
It’s fair to say I am probably Challenge heavy, or will likely be Challenged out real soon. What to do? Why, add 1 more Challenge to the soup!
Our Guild does a yearly Challenge and I can’t say no. We took 4 Fat Quarters in a bag to the meeting and chose a bag to take home. I wish I had seen who picked up their empty bag at the last meeting because I took in #8 and I took home #7. I don’t remember who got the bag before me! I am hoping my bag went to someone who will notice the darker fabric has Christmas ornaments on it.
The Challenge is to make anything we decide with their fabrics. If it’s a quilt we do not have to quilt it. We can add a background and an accent color. Here are the ones I brought home along with any zipper I have on hand that matches or contrasts. If only I could remember who loves Tula Pink in the Guild. I am auditioning zipper colors because I plan to make bags or cases with the fabrics. Now to have fun with this Challenge and make something they will love.
So, did anyone count how many times I wrote Challenge? 16