This month is fresh and new! Now, what will I do with it?
- UFO: Finish Footnote–OMG for June
- Knitting: Felted Pressing Mat
- Sewing: Paper Pieced Star
- 12 Hats: Midnattsol– held over from May
- 12 Cowls: Sweet Georgia Mulberry yarn, pattern TBD
- Mystery BOM: June, last month of this mystery! Next month the layout is revealed.
- Guild BOM: July
- February Knitting: Afghan Block, last one and then maybe sew that afghan together!
- Charity: Little Dresses/Carpenter Star Quilt top
- Squirrels: I think this month’s Squirrel will be Red, White, and Blue! Just waiting for inspiration!
- DrEAMi: Allow dreams to wander
For June I hope to get my Footnote pieced. I took the class with Crimson Tate in November 2018 and then put it aside since I had deadline sewing/knitting to do. It went on my 29019 UFO schedule to be worked on and finally its time is here. I am not sure how big I will make this, the initial idea was just to make a wall hanging. But now I might do a baby quilt with it, since the colors really do lend themselves to a baby.
So for my OMG in June I hope to get these blocks to a flimsy stage. I have 5 blocks done, only 20 more to go!! These are very quick blocks, so it’s totally doable. And then maybe I can get it quilted too? But I’m not promising that, knowing my track record! I do believe this will be the perfect top to try the spiral quilting technique that Home Sewn recently shared.