Last Week’s Goals:
- Finish borders on Footnote and piece a back √ Quilted and gifted!
- Sew Little Dresses on Wednesday X This fell by the wayside
- Knit on Midnattsol √
- Make and sew on binding for Potato
Midnattsol is coming along, still have some 3 colors rows to do. Ack!
The Potato quilt didn’t get finished last week, but it will this week. While at our charity sew-in a guild member renamed it “The Potato Peel Pie Quilt”. It’s perfect, although the fabric only has unpeeled potatoes. But I love that movie!
This Week’s Goals:
- Sew binding on The Potato Peel Pie Quilt
- Sew binding on a quilt donated for a young girl
- Make pillowcases for the young girl
- Sew-in for our charity quilting on Monday √
- Help make sandwiches and pack lunches for a kid’s camp on Wednesday
- Get my hairs cut, the dogs’ hairs cut, and my eyes checked on Friday
The Potato Quilt will be bound this week, made the binding Monday. I also started piecing a new quilt using a simple brick construction. I just have to add border/s, and make a back, and it will be ready for for quilting. I think simple lines will work for this one.
The other donation sewing will be to add a binding on a quilt that was made 6 years ago for a guild member’s grand-daughter. The Grand said she wanted a purple quilt, but when AG got done with the quilting it was rejected. It languished until I put out a request for a quilt to donate to a young girl battling a very aggressive brain cancer. I picked up the quilt and binding fabric from AG and then dropped in JoAnn Fabrics to get fabrics to make pillowcases. OK, there’s also 2 more yards of that patriotic stripe I love!
Looks like my week is going to be busy, what’s under your needle this week?