It’s been a few months since I played along with the DrEaMi-ErS? Anywho, here I am today with a DrEaMi to share.
I am part of a FB group that does a BOM and mini challenge each month. Sometimes I do the mini, sometimes not. This month I was all over the mini, making 4 blocks with sashing and borders. But that’s not my DrEaMi, that’s my Squirrel!! For my DrEaMi I decided I need to do a different version, replacing some of the fabrics in the star center. Obvious finish for the lone block was a pillow! And now I have the perfect place to lay my head and dream of my Patriot’s DrEaMi. Corny, I know.
I started with this block:
Added a backing and batting:
Made a back with a zipper for easy removal:
Put all the pieces together after quilting and voilà, a pillow!
I think they chintzed on the size of that pillow form. My cover measured 17.75 before sewing it together with 3/8″ seam all around, which means the insides should only be 17″. I always make my pillows 1″ smaller than the pillow form to give it that full look. This ain’t a full look!
But not all was lost because I still needed to throw it in the washer and dryer, to get some shrinkage and make it crinkly. Even though I pre-washed my fabric, I was hoping the non pre-washed cotton batting might draw it all up a bit.
After washing the inside measurement is about 16″, so it’s a little fuller than before. I usually taper my corners to prevent that dog eared look, but this time I didn’t. I am always reticent when it’s a quilt block front, because I am afraid the taper will be noticeable in regards to strong linear lines. But mostly our eye doesn’t see the taper.
Must. Taper. More. Often! LOL
Linking with MMM today for DrEAMi!