Today we are headed out for the weekend to camp for our Anniversary. 28 years on Saturday, Derby Day. We also married on a Derby Day and one of the horses running was “Kissing Kris”, not the same spelling, but close, LOL. Alas, KK didn’t win, but I did! LOL
Today I am sharing my recent charity quilting. I shared the larger quilt on Sunday, a diagonal strip block that was made using mid-weight cottons. The edges were VERY waffly. So that presented a lot of challenges, and some interior spots were a bit tented, but the dense panto seemed to help that.
I used a variegated thread that really wasn’t a color match, but it seemed to work. It was a stretch using the thread on the solid back, but from a distance you don’t even see the color.
This is my new favorite panto!! So much texture!
After finishing that top I decided the latest baby flimsy would be a good follow up for quilting. I had backing and batting ready in the right size.
This is not a good color representation
Simple panto work, this is a good color representative
Another set of strips given to me by a sewing buddy, plus a few of mine. The backing is half of the same backing as the above quilt, and a remnant I had in the stash, which was a perfect mix of the front fabrics.
A quick machine binding job and all is done. This quilt is another H2H donation, but it will go to a local organization called Tummy Time. It finished about 38″x40″, so a good size for baby laying on tummy and learning to hold their head up. I am hoping the contrast of the strips will also engage their eyes.
Now, off to camping!