Friday FOs

My guild has a yearly Challenge which has set parameters to use when creating our project. The first year I participated we put 3 Fat Quarters in a bag and handed off to the Program Chair. She distributed them to different members and we made something with the FQs. On the reveal day the maker showed the project and many didn’t even recognize it was their fabrics! LOL I made these items with the FQs I had in the bag. We were allowed to add fabric, so I used scraps and the background pieces.

The next year the rules were, choose a block using the 1st initial of first name and a color palette using the 1st initial of last name. For me it was Maltese Cross-C, and my main fabric had a “B”lue background-B. You were allowed to add fabrics to coordinate.

Last year was our 10th anniversary, so 10 was the challenge. To interpret how you wanted. I used 10 fabrics and overlapped them for a transparency effect. What I hoped was a transparency look. This meant buying lots of colors of Grunge, oh the hardship! Some transitions were slight, some were bold.

This year’s Challenge was “Your First”. We were to bring in our 1st quilt if possible and then interpret that into a Challenge quilt. I don’t even remember mine, so I fell back on an early quilt that I made 4 times. One for my aunts, my mom, and myself.

I used knife edge instead of binding, I sucked at binding, LOL. I did SITD in the star and borders, marked a motif in the background areas.

My 2022 Challenge

The good? I used a Fat 8ths bundle I got as my H2H prize. The bad? The limited amount made for a limited placement of fabrics. Oh well, it’s more vibrant in person, hard to capture with lighting.

Faded Star 2022

Friday FOs

Not anything big, just lots of little small things! I will have a bigger finish next week, but it just isn’t close enough today and I need the weekend to finish it, as it’s due by Monday!!! So here’s the lots of little things!

Most of these items are for our guild’s quilt show in November. We are making mug rugs, table mats, key fobs, and more. I am part of the committee who is teaching “make one and take one” sewing sessions for the members to learn how to make the items. So we need samples to show!

List: Pillow for raffle with a quilt of the same block, it’s the Ukraine block from Bonnie Hunter. I was asked to make the pillow from the blocks. Call Me from by Annie for a name tag class we are doing. I will use a printed paper name tag in the vinyl pocket for my name. I love the hexie mug rugs!! Such a fun make. And then a QST mug rug that’s easy to make. 2 versions of key fobs, fabric only and fabric and cotton webbing. While in the guild fabric store room gathering supplies for our classes, we found a block already quilted, so I added the binding. The big finish I am working on yielded a few scraps, so I made a placemat.

Lots of little things getting done right now. But I seriously need to get some tops quilted. Charity and baby tops are on the top of my list! Maybe I will get to that next week?



When I signed up to host I knew what date to choose, the week after the wedding! Because I hoped I would have a finish to show off. Wedding Quilt is done, presented and it will soon be delivered to Diva!

I started this quilt in March 2020. It’s the Willow QAL(link) from Gigi’s Thimble. I finished all the blocks in a timely manner, but with doing 3 QALs at the same time, I dropped off with the rest of the QAL. Then Diva got engaged and I thought, perfect wedding present. I started it back up and then Squish decided to throw a wrench into the works, so things got put on hold. You would think I would have just kept going, but no, I procrastinated! But finally, May 2022, I got the top pieced and was ready to layer it.

I try to use up yardage and scraps on my backs, just to get rid of the prints, because I am obsessive about keeping scraps. LOL And I was fairly successful with that rule. But I still have a fairly good stack of scraps. I am sure they will find their way into placemats or zippered pouches.

For the quilting I did some point to point, curved lines, and SITD to outline the sashing stars. Once the interior was done I used a swag and piano keys in the dark border and a panto with some curvy lines for the 2 outer borders.

I was cutting this one close to the wire, I did a good job of procrastinating for a year! The quilting was finished on Wednesday, the binding on Thursday and the ends buried in the hotel on Friday. You read that right. Friday! And as I cut threads I misjudged the scissors and snipped a hole in a block!!! Argh!

A dab of Crazy Glue is keeping the hole from growing until I repair it and it held it in place at the wedding while on display.

But even with that mistake, no one could notice it when looking at the entirety of the quilt! And here it is.

As soon as I get that little patch replaced it will be off to live at their house.

Now it’s your turn to share your TGIFFs!! Link up below.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter