I am playing along with Elm Street Quilts Bag It 2017. What fun this is! I have set myself a goal of 22 bags over the 3 month period, which will be perfect for having a bag as a Christmas present for each of the ladies in my/Hubster’s immediate families. I have fabrics and patterns and zippers ready to go for most all of the items I plan to make.
I finally got the Open Wide! Bag project, in those lovely purples, on the cutting mat. I knew I wanted to do more than just a contrast band across the front so I pieced a panel of squares in squares. I added sashing to have a better edge to turn under for the topstitching. I backed it with interfacing before stitching on.
As I was working on the block panel I realized my sewing set up was a bit difficult. I have my ironing board wedged in between my sewing table and a TV cabinet. To get to my cutting area I had to do a walk about of the ironing board. It was causing me issues. To alleviate my pain and suffering I placed my mat on the sewing table and lowered my ironing board and pulled it into my sewing area. Much better.
From left to right: Pieces quilted and cut to size, pieced panel added to public side, pockets added to inside, seams sewn to shape the bag.
And a bit of sewing, resewing, and sewing again, to get the zipper and binding on right!, I had bag 3/21 done!!!
And I love it! So glad I have leftovers from this combo to make something for me!