I tried to get Freyja to a flimsy state, but failed, even though I was doing only 1/3rd of the blocks. Here is where I am at currently:
- 8 blocks √
- Sashing √
- Side triangle block pieces
- Corner blocks √
I could have brought it south, but I had 1 day of travel followed by dog sitting, then yesterday I was at the hospital, today at MIL’s house, and in between I’ve been quilting toppers, tomorrow I have a morning hair cut and, later, a birthday event to go to, then I leave for Florida on Sunday, and fly home on Tuesday. Whew! 2600 miles in 12 days, trip to Ohio last weekend included. I did the same # of miles in Oct-Nov over 1 week! So, I knew there wouldn’t be a lot of time for Freyja.
Here’s the scene as I have been piecing:
Having everything laid out helped keep my sanity!! And I could figure out what I still needed. I was short 2 HSTs and 2 four-patch pieces. When she gave totals I divided the number by 3 and rounded to an even #. The only thing that came out over was the light blue and raspberry HSTs, and light blue was the color I ran out of! It would have saved me stress by not making so many. I’m not sure why the math didn’t work, but her instructions for that clue were more confusing than they needed to be. The wedding table topper light blue saved me, almost a perfect match!
Here’s the possible layouts I can do
I plan to look for a border print to play up the colors and forego her HST borders. I want stable borders! I plan to add enough borders to get to about 50″x70″ size. Good enough for a throw. Fingers crossed I can find what I want. And then once I get home Tuesday I can get the rest of it together before January’s end.
MIL Update: She went home last night and Hubster stayed with her. I have the con today and then Hubster is back tonight. Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers!