It’s done. I got a wild hair and figured out how I wanted to quilt it, so I did. With my Nina back, with her walking foot, I was set to start machine quilting all those projects that were waiting. I had a perfect thread color, so it was all coming together.
I decided I wanted some leaf shapes in the center of the 9 patches and just carried it out from there. I traced the motif on to quilters template plastic and went to tracing.
Some curves are perfect, more are not so much. LOL. Oh well, if anyone is going to look so close as to judge them, they need to back off!
Below the 5 leaf motif above is a swag scalloped row of stitching. This rings the entire table runner. Considering the colors of this piece, this will be brought out at Christmas time. My new color scheme is very aqua, green, and tan, not at all a match with this piece. But that’s OK, it was a fun and quick piece from Simple, Fun, and Quickly Done. I didn’t mean to be so repetitive there.
Here it is on my dining room table, definitely could have added 1 more block, except I didn’t have anymore of the green to make one. 😦
Now, I do have leftover blocks in the colors I didn’t use, plus more fabric to make a few more. I am thinking a different layout and see what I can do, I might just get another runner out of it. These colors really do match my craft room, and if the size is right, perfect runner for my sewing machine table!