Hard to believe, but I have another finish to show this week! Back in October of 2018 I wanted to make a quilt using a patten from Simple Whatnots by Kim Diehl. I saw the Anthem project at our State Fair that summer and was so happy to find the pattern in the book. I kept trying to pull fabric to make it, but nothing was working for me. Between trying to buy pieces separate from each other and peruse my stash, I wasn’t happy with my options. And then one day at Always In Stitches I moseyed to the clearance section and found all of the fabrics I needed!!
I finally started the cutting and piecing in November and Anthem slowly saw construction.
Before I knew it I had the top made. And like all the other tops I make, it took up residence in my closet. Hanging out with the other tops that were pieced and forgotten. Until I set it as a UFO goal to be quilted in 2019.
And so this week, after it had sat sandwiched and undone for too long, I quilted it! Just straight line quilting with my walking foot. A terribly uneven crosshatch pattern in the border and in the ditch around and in the blocks. I’m not going for perfect, I am going for done! But the take away from this project is, just do the hard work before hand and Hera mark your crosshatch grid!!! I tried using a FMQ ruler but my hand guiding isn’t the best. But I was able to work on that skill while messing up! There was a lot of ripping out on this piece.
I was able to hang some more projects on my sewing room wall. I am very haphazard about my arrangements. Considering I was standing on my cutting table to get this up, I think I did an OK job. LOL!